Application deadline: February 28, 2021 11:59 EST
Eligibility and prize
The award is open to any Canadian citizen or landed immigrant currently attending a Canadian secondary school. The application consists of three parts submitted online by the applicant: the application form, the applicant’s essay and a letter of recommendation.
This award encourages Canadian youth to embody Stacey’s qualities and ideals of education,engagement in sport and a love for travel. Parachute maintains an overarching goal of a long life lived to the fullest, while understanding the importance of risk management and injury prevention.
The Levitt family will award the selected recipient $2,500 to help them live their life to the fullest who demonstrate how they encompass Stacey’s qualities and Parachute’s goal.
- Application form, to be filled out below.
- A short essay (2-3 pages maximum in a PDF or Word format to be uploaded below) addressing the following questions:
- Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention envisioning Canadians living long lives to the fullest while avoiding hazards that can cause serious injury. How do you live life to the fullest and prevent injury?
- The Parachute brand encompasses the values of leadership, collaboration and innovation. How do you live life to the fullest while encompassing these values?
- If successful, how do you intend to use the funding provided by the Stacey Levitt Award?
- A letter of recommendation (PDF or Word format to be uploaded below) from an individual with first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s involvement in their school or community, stating why they are a good candidate for the Stacey Levitt Award. Submissions without a letter of recommendation will not be considered.
The judging procedure
The top five applicants will be interviewed by Parachute. A recommendation will be forwarded to the Levitt family for final selection. The successful recipient will be announced April 30, 2021.
That winner will be invited to write a reflection on the impact of the funding on their life, due within one year of the distribution of funds: this can be submitted either in document or video format.
For further information on this award, please contact email@example.com or 647-776-5100.