Are you an experienced finance and operations professional passionate about making a difference in the lives of Canadians? If so, this may be the opportunity for you. Parachute is seeking a Vice-President, Finance & Operations to join our injury prevention team. Reporting to the President & CEO, this individual provides leadership, strategic advice and sound business management to the organization. This individual will be responsible for providing expertise and leadership in the development and implementation of financial and corporate strategies, policies and procedures. Functional areas of responsibility include finance, human resources, information technology, legal, risk management, corporate governance and office administration.
Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention. Our mission is to create a safer Canada by preventing serious and fatal injuries through evidence-based solutions that advocate and educate. Our vision is A Canada free of serious injuries, with Canadians living long lives to the fullest. For more information, visit www.parachute.ca.
- As a senior leader, develop and implement strategic and operational plans that will enable the organization to meet strategic goals.
- Identify and evaluate short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the organization, ensuring that they are aligned with overall strategy and mission.
- Lead and manage the development of the annual operating and capital budgets as an extension of the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Oversee and support the activities and responsibilities of the Parachute’s Board Finance, Audit, and Budget Committee, and presents to the Board of Directors.
- Direct annual audit, liaise with auditor, provide expert advice to the Board Finance, Audit, and Budget Committee in the selection of the auditor, and ensures compliance with accounting standards and Canada Revenue Agency regulations.
- Actively participate in fund development activities by leading social enterprise efforts, liaising with government and corporate funding organizations, preparing funder and management reports, directing the use of CRM (Donor Perfect), providing direction for proposal budgets and providing expertise on charity rules and regulations as dictated by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Oversee and manage the organization’s information systems including the selection, installation and maintenance of hardware, software, networking, data management and communication for efficient, effective and secure operations.
- Manage all human resource functions including payroll, benefits, hiring, compensation systems (job evaluations, salary scales).
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and governance, reducing legal risks, ensuring regulatory compliance, and making recommendations to leadership on changes to existing policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance across the organization with government and governance requirements.
- Effective leadership of direct reports, managing, mentoring and motivating staff.
- Work with outside counsel to ensure corporate secretarial compliance.
- Maintain external network with knowledge of current accounting practices, relevant legislation and Board policies, human resources, compensation systems, risk management, insurance and related matters.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- University degree and CPA designation.
- 10+ years of related experience, at least 5 of those in non-profit organization(s).
- Possess strong leadership, negotiation, communication, coaching, problem solving, project management, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in effective presentation of information and ideas to senior leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Recognized as a self-directed, collaborative, motivational, supportive, and visionary leader.
- Outstanding interpersonal, coaching, and listening skills, with the ability to communicate positively within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
- French language an asset.
Posting Date: September 20, 2021
Closing Date: October 4, 2021
How to apply: Apply directly online with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.