Are you an experienced leader who is self-motivated and likes a challenge? Do you have experience leading and managing complex projects that involve youth stakeholder engagement, gathering and analyzing qualitative information and applying this knowledge to develop solutions? Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of Canadians? If so, this may be the opportunity for you.
Parachute is seeking an individual to lead and deliver a youth road safety project from start through completion – from September 2021to March 2023. This individual will be responsible for planning, executing and delivering the project For Young Drivers, By Young Drivers: understanding how to impact knowledge, attitudes and behaviours of young drivers (Project). Responsibilities include but are not limited to, project development, management, planning, organization, managing logistics, research, budget management and reporting, evaluation and knowledge transfer. Efficient achievement of Project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders / team members and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout the Project’s lifecycle.
Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention. Our mission is to create a safer Canada by preventing serious and fatal injuries through evidence-based solutions that advocate and educate. Our vision is a Canada free of serious injuries, with Canadians living long lives to the fullest. For more information, visit www.parachute.ca.
- Lead, manage and coordinate all aspects of the Project’s planning and implementation – conduct literature review and environmental scan, coordinate, hold and gather information through focus groups and surveys, analyze and synthesize results, research and identify appropriate communication channels – as well as link Project with existing program(s) activities, and evaluate Project outcomes to achieve these goals:
- Identify facilitators, barriers and attitudes/ perceptions that affect safe driving behaviours in young drivers.
- Identify potential delivery tools and channels for reaching young drivers and passengers.
- Build a theory of change, framework and supporting tools to guide the engagement of young drivers and their passengers through National Teen Driver Safety Week and other road safety initiatives.
- Complete data collection for the Project Performance Measurement Strategy.
- Complete all Project deliverables ensuring Project milestones are met within approved budget and time parameters.
- Establish and manage Project Smartsheet with goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, work breakdown structure, milestones and deliverables, budgets and timelines.
- Facilitate regular Project team meetings.
- Prepare progress reports for senior management and funder in accordance with Project reportingtimelines. Provide regular status updates, including presentations as required.
- Timely identification and communication of issues that pose a risk to Project deliverables, budgetor timelines.
- Address and resolve Project issues and risks in a timely, effective manner.
- Adhere to established methodologies for Project management.
- Create Project content for resources.
- Represent, participate and/or present at external events such as conferences, meetings, workshopsand seminars.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- University degree in public health, social sciences or related field
- +7 years of experience or combination of academic preparation and experience in public health /health promotion project management
- Experience in injury prevention preferred
- Experience in qualitative evaluation
- Experience in facilitating focus groups, analyzing, and synthesizing results
- Fluency in French, written and spoken, an asset
Posting Date: September 8, 2021
Closing Date: September 26, 2021
Annual Salary Range: $85,000 to $100,000
How to apply: Apply directly online with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.